Kaat Darabiny – Mental Health Team
At SWAMS we have a dedicated Kaat Darabiny (What you thinking?) Mental Health Team, servicing the needs of individuals, families and community.
Our team of health professionals are all tertiary trained and acknowledge that to work successfully in Mental Health, education and training is required over a lifespan. The team have a great range of collective skills to help people meet the demands of life’s challenges.
We acknowledge the importance of timely, accessible, integrated and culturally competent care for Aboriginal people and communities.
We understand that the spirit is the most essential requirement for good health; therefore, we take a holistic approach to wellness which considers the mind, body, spirit and family as connected. If one is unwell, then all of the other areas suffer.
Our dedicated team of health professionals provide the following services:
- Safe talk counselling that can see people at the office or their home if approved
- Mental Health counselling (depression, anxiety)
- Alcohol and other Drug counselling, including assessment and referral to detox services and Residential Rehabilitation
- Trauma and grief and loss counselling
- Counselling with youth and young people
- Group Work
- Limited Social Work support
- Suicide Prevention initiatives
- Mental Health Tools in Schools Programme
- Health promotion activities and Community BBQs
- Presentations and education sessions
Thanks to our partners: